Kai USA Ltd., manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician.
- Do you like to troubleshoot, repair, and make upgrades to various types of CNC controlled machines and factory equipment?
- Do you enjoy working both independently and in a highly diversified team environment with multiple skill levels?
- Do you like to work under limited supervision?
- Do you want to work in a company that makes products that customers consider some of the best in the world?
The Maintenance Technician will have:
- Understanding of electro-mechanical equipment including servo driven machines
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial controls including, but not limited to, PLCs, motor starters, switches, relays and contactors, solenoids, valves, motors and timers
- Ability to read engineering drawings including electrical and pneumatic schematics, ability to create drawings and schematics is preferred
- Experience using a variety of tools including hand and power tools, electric meters, manual machine tools, welders, and material handling equipment
- Experience with high voltage wiring (220V-480V)
- Ability to design and perform light fabrication of custom tools for specific jobs
- Understanding of lubrication and ability to properly lubricate equipment
Requirements / Qualifications
The qualifed candidate must:
- Have 5+ years experience in equipment maintenance and repair
- Certification and/or accreditation is not required, however applicants may be asked to prove their skills in an interactive interview and skills assessment
- Have the skills and ability needed to perform the all the duties and responsibilities listed above
- Be fluent in English
- Be authorized to work in the United States
Wages are $18 to $30/hr. D.O.E.