Swing-Shift Shipping Specialist
Kershaw Knives is currently looking for a Swing-Shift Shipping Specialist to join our team. You will be assisting in the primary responsibilities below, but also enjoying a team-orientated atmosphere.
The Swing-Shift Shipping Specialist will:
- Work with Bill Of Ladings and read and understand routing guides
- Pick and pack material to ship
- Prepare outbound shipments by sorting product onto fixed sorting rails
- Enter data into ERP system (We use Microsoft Dynamics AX, however, it is not required to have knowledge in this system)
- Receive, sort and stage shipments in designated locations
- Ensure accuracy and count of sorted products
- Report damages and discrepancies
- Record and report any damaged products/merchandise to the designated supervisor
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will have a high school diploma/GED and 1 to 2 years of experience in a shipping or warehouse atmosphere.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds, some heavy lifting at times
- Ask questions of supervisors or managers if unsure about a specific order or request
- Be able to communicate with other departments, including customer service
- Be able to communicate with outside vendors, including truck companies
- Have some basic math skills including counting, adding, and subtracting as needed
- Be available to help on other reasonable projects as assigned by the shipping supervisor
Swing shift hours are Monday - Wednesday, 3:00 pm - 1:30 am and Thursday 2:30 pm - 1:00 am
Salary: $13 to $15.50/hour