Kai USA, the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, continues to grow and has an immediate need for a Shipping Supervisor.
Responsibilities & duties include:
- Coordinate activities of Shipping Staff concerned with picking product and preparing shipping.
- Identify work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
- Issue written and oral instructions; assign duties and ensure correct shipment of orders.
- Communicate with other managers outside of the warehouse to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management, and quality assurance.
- Manage delivery schedules; update Customer Service with any changes, create summary report to be sent to the vendors. Log on to vendor website to verify shipments.
- Use Wave Master for workflow.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified employee will have a high school or General Education Diploma (GED). College degree preferred. The qualified employee will have 1 to 2 years of supervisory experience and 2+ years of logistics experience.
Pay range: $16 to $18 base pay, plus $1.50 swing differential
Day and swing shift