Kai USA, the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, continues to grow and has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer.
The priorities for the Manufacturing Engineer include process improvement, problem resolving, project management and employee training.
- Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Designs and builds assembly aids and tooling independently in a machine shop environment and in collaboration with our machinists.
- Designs and builds robotic and stand-alone automation to support manufacturing needs. This is accomplished independently and in a team environment.
- Understands and works with industrial control systems including PLC's and pneumatics.
- Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
- Serves as a liaison between Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, and Design Engineering.
Requirements / Qualifications
The ideal candidate has:
- BS in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering, and 2+ years experience.
- Or 5+ years relevant experience.
- Experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Intermediate computer and 3D CAD skills, knowledge of tooling design, and experience with new product development implementation are also preferred.
Salary: $55k-65k / yr. D.O.E.
If you are a qualified candidate please complete the form below and attach your resume.