IT Help Desk Technician
Kai USA Ltd., the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives, Zero Tolerance Knives and Shun Cutlery in Tualatin, OR, has an immediate opening for a day-shift IT Help Desk Technician.
The IT Help Desk Technician will:
- Handle Tier 1 Help Desk escalations through tickets or phone
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Handle other duties that may be added and/or assigned as needed
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will have a college degree, plus one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Excellent written/ verbal communication as well as presentation skills at all levels
- High energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with Windows 7, Mac OS X, and Office 2010/2013
- Experience with Active Directory maintenance and Exchange 2007 & 2010
- Knowledge of Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Experience with Client PC connectivity - Ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
- File server knowledge
- Experience with desktop security products
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- 2 years+ experience working in a Windows/Mac environment
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Must have ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employees performing this job is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
Lifting: 50 lbs maximum lifting for this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This is a full time, hourly position. Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Wages : $16.50-18.00 per hour.