Kai USA Ltd., the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, has an immediate opening for an EDI Coordinator.
The EDI Coordinator's responsibilities include the following:
• Monitoring daily EDI operations and performance including inbound and outbound EDI document transmissions
• Maintaining EDI system configurations and trading partner cross references, process documentation, and vendor guides
• Collaboratomg with trading partners and internal functional teams to maintain EDI requirements
• Providing technical support of the EDI application and ERP interface
• Researching, tracking, and resolving or escalating all EDI issues
• Analysing transaction files to identify data errors, transmission errors, and mapping errors and work with vendor to resolve transmission and mapping issues
• Managing multiple tasks, setting priorities, and meeting required deadlines
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and /or Experience
- Associate Degree in Business Information Systems, or Computer Information Systems and/or 2 years equivalent work experience in Customer Service, Logistics, and EDI support
- Must have familiarity with customer service activities and logistics shipping methods
- Familiarity with FTP and AS2 protocols
- Ability to review X12 XML documents
- Experience within Dynamics AX and High Jump Accellos is a plus
Work Experience & Skills
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with a diverse mix of people
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and process improvement capabilities
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Diagnose problems and recommend appropriate solutions, read and interpret vendor guides and documentation
- Diagnose end user and application issues and provide solutions or escalate appropriately
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees performing this job is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Lifting: 20 lbs maximum lifting for this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position is for the Day Shift.