Customer Service Representative
Kai USA, the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, continues to grow and has an immediate need for a Customer Service Representative for our Kershaw and Zero Tolerance brands.
- Edit orders received for price accuracy.
- Inform customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed.
- Advise customer if the order is close to the current dollar discount and inquire if they would like to take advantage of the discount by adding on to the order.
- Write or type order form, or enter data into computer, to determine total cost for customer.
- Print shipment documents and forward to the Customer Service Manager for review.
- Record or file copies of orders received.
- Follow up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Compute price, discount, sales representative's commission, and shipping charges as required.
- Prepare invoices and shipping documents such as export papers, commercial invoices.
- Check shipping orders to ensure they are accurate with regards to quantity shipped, this is done by comparing shipping documents with computer generated reports.
- Specify if special labelling is required for shipment and supplies to the shipping department.
- Receive and check customer complaints.
- Compile statistics and prepare various reports for management.
- Answer questions from customers or individuals on how a product operates or direct them to the person that is able to assist them.
- Make sure that quotes are processed in a timely manner.
- Type quotes and maintain files for all quotes that are processed.
Requirements / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or 2-5 years of related experience and/or training—or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-5 years of customer service and general office experience
- Proficiency with with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
Pay D.O.E., $16-18 per hour.