CNC Machine Operator
Kai USA Ltd., the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, has an immediate opening for several swing-shift CNC Machine Operators.
The CNC Machine Operator's (swing-shift) responsibilities include:
- Operating Computer Numerical Control machines to fabricate parts
- Loading parts in machine, cycling machine, detecting malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Running production lots, communicating with co-workers regarding productions runs, and maintaining safe, organized and clean work environment
- Inspecting fabricated parts to assure quality and accuracy
- Performing typical machine shop operations
- Detecting and reporting defective materials or questionable conditions to management
- Maintaining work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and following prescribed safety procedures and regulations
- Performing other duties as assigned
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The qualified employee will have a high school diploma/GED and 1 to 2 years of related experience operating a CNC machine.Work
- Must have familiarity with Fanuc, Haas controls
- Mastercam/G&M code experience a plus
- Swiss-style screw machine experience a plus
- Must have firm grasp on basic machining fundamentals
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment a plus
Must be able to pass the Kai USA ltd mathematical exam. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Must be able to pass the Kai USA ltd reading exam. Read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Must have ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees performing this job is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Lifting: 50 lbs maximum lifting for this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We looking for CNC Operators for swing-shift positions.
- Swing shift hours: 5:00 pm- 3:30 am Monday through Thursday
Wage: $19-$24 per hour DOE; swing-shift includes a differential of $1.50 more per hour.