Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
Kai USA Ltd., the manufacturer of Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives in Tualatin, Oregon, has an immediate opening in Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable.
- Review and apply daily payments to open receivables, chargebacks, or income accounts
- Process daily ACH, check and credit card deposits in USD and CAD
- Confirm and track proper expense approval
- Obtain supplier W9s
- Review and enter supplier invoices with proper amounts, expense accounts and allocations
- Reconcile monthly company credit card statements
- Track employee travel expenses, credits
- Present invoice selection for weekly check runs, process upon approval
- Track inter-company transactions and monthly settlement
- Maintain select prepaid accounts
- Properly index within company’s internal document imaging system
- Prepare requested ad-hoc reports as needed
Requirements / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and /or Experience
The qualified employee will have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years professional accounts receivable and/or receivable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Experience &Skills
A minimum 3 years previous experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable and general office experience. Must be proficient with Excel.
Must be able to pass the Kai USA ltd mathematical exam. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Must be able to pass the Kai USA ltd reading exam. Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Must have ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees performing this job is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop or kneel, to sit and use fingers and hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Lifting: 20 lbs maximum lifting for this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing their duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position is for the Day Shift.